This is the text in English that was consensed as a Common Intention for a network of communities in a Rainbow Crystal Land vision council at the rainbow gathering in Palenque, Mexico, in December 2012.
- We acknowledge that Mother Earth is free of ownership and borders and we peacefully work to return her to this natural state.
- We envision a global garden of abundance in which all beings live together in harmony.
- To fulfil this vision we co-create a worldwide self-sufficient network of open, sustainable communities which protect and rehabilitate our ecosystems while producing food and other resources.
- Free and equal individuals live together in communities based on inclusiveness, acceptance, care and healing, peaceful conflict resolution, sharing and co-operation and the evolution of consciousness.
- We interact in egalitarian circles wherein communal decisions are made by consensus.
- Within the carrying capacity of local ecosystems, the network provides safe homes for individuals whether they be sedentary or nomadic.
- We show deep love, respect and humility in our interaction with ourselves, our neighbours, Mother Earth and all beings.
- We call our homes Rainbow Crystal Land because as a crystal can contain the rainbow, the lands can contain the spirit of rainbow gatherings.
- Rainbow Crystal Gatherings are regional, open-ended seed camp gatherings that create our permanent Rainbow Crystal Communities.
- Rainbow Crystal Land network-level decisions are made in announced circles at world rainbow gatherings. Individual communities enjoy autonomy within the framework of our Declaration of Common Intention.
- We are one.
This is the consensed text apart from a few very minor linguistic changes I have taken the liberty to make retrospectively. These changes are: bullet point number 7 – deleted “our” in front of “Mother Earth”, 7 – moved this whole bullet point down to this location to make it fit better into the structure of the declaration, and 8 – added “gatherings” at the end to correspond with the Spanish version and to make it understandable to people unrelated to rainbow.