[Por favor traduce con google tradutor… o alguien puede ayudar?]
Thank you, family, for the total donations received for the Rainbow Crystal Land in Costa Rica of 540 US dollars!!!! We are all eternally grateful for the support!
My Paypal account has been made public to the community for verification.
We made a consensus to honour the trust of donors that all internet donations will be held in the “Sustainable Magic Hat” which is only to be spent on projects that enhance our sustainability, not on consumables.
Thank to the donations (and plenty of our own money, too), we have:
- Constructed a large permanent roof of living sticks, bamboo and wood in the kitchen. The roof is currently covered by a tarp (to be reused in the garden) but it is ready for palm leaves.
- Almost fully funded the cob welcome house project, which includes drainage, wood and a palm roof, and lime and lin seed oil for the cob. This house is still in an early stage of construction, we are working on the foundations.
- Irrigation and some shade cloth and tarps for the garden.
- Funded half the methane gas / compost toilet project.
- Bought many essential tools, like axes, saws, shovels, pickaxes and hoes.
- Also with overwhelming support from our neighbours, planted innumerable garden beds full of whatever grows well down here, including a medicinal garden…
In short, we’re about 25 people from about 18 countries, we’re very motivated, hard-working and focussed on our common vision. We invited all the neighbours for an open day (well, every day is open, of course) where a total of 61 people were present; we enjoy excellent relations with our neighbours. We are cooperating with the Costa Rican Ministry of Health to fulfil their standards. The group is tight-knit and we resolve all issues in circles in peace and with open hearts. The energy is soaring. This is no longer a distant dream. After no more than three months, this project is already beyond my expectations.
We continue to live on the edge of survival but we suffer no lack. We recycle food and building materials, we receive many gifts and we eat well. We are putting our vision of the world into action, we are living a historical moment.
With more donations, we would:
- Plant more fruit trees and make a greenhouse for plants that need shelter from the heavy rains.
- Finish the kitchen roof with palm leaves.
- Raise the kitchen floor, construct a better food storage and generally improve the kitchen, including new work surfaces.
- Finish the methane gas / compost toilet – quite a revolutionary idea that has possibly never been done before!
- Construct a large longhouse as a communal sleeping space.
- Build a healing space, tool shed, workshop, dwellings, education centre… the ideas and possibilities are endless. All structures are communal in ownership but usage rights may be private depending on community agreements.
My time in Costa Rica is coming to an end and I will no longer receive donations for this community. We have consensed for our highly trusted brother Hiroyuki Masaki, otherwise known as Portal, to take over the fundraising for the community here in Costa Rica through his ArtistOfBeing Paypal account. He has no plans to leave so there is no time limit on donations. Please send Paypal payments to firstname.lastname@example.org (PLEASE MARK PAYMENTS “RCL COSTA RICA”!) or go to http://artistofbeing.com/rcl/donation to make a donation with a credit card (you can freely choose the amount to donate).
In two weeks I will start heading towards Canada. Here in Costa Rica we are very close to reaching consensus on a new Declaration of Common Intention which includes the framework for a legal entity to hold land in common ownership, but it needs to be consensed at the world rainbow gathering in Canada before it comes into effect. This is the path I will follow until all the legal stuff is dealt with. I will post the new suggested Declaration right here in about a week or two.
From all of us in Costa Rica – gratitude, luz, paz y amor. Welcome home!